See below for frequently asked questions regarding the AWS AI & ML Scholarship Program.
What is the AWS AI & ML Scholarship Program?
- The Amazon Web Services Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Scholarship program aims to help students underrepresented and underserved in tech to learn foundational machine learning concepts as they prepare for a career in one of today’s hottest and fastest-growing fields.
How can I benefit from this program?
- Students will have the opportunity to work on real-world projects designed by industry experts to build their portfolio of skills and learn one of four core skills sets to prepare them for a career in a job of the future.
Are there any fees for enrollment?
- No, this is a free scholarship
What is the duration program?
- The program is designed to run from May 9, 2023, to September 28, 2023. However, it is important to note that the program is self-paced, you can finish it in less than the designed duration if you wish.
What are the prerequisites for enrollment?
- Applicants must complete a pre-assessment in conjunction with their application to test for appropriate prerequisites. You will need access to reliable internet and have knowledge of basic computer skills.
How do I apply for the program?
- Applications will be sent via email to qualified applicants. 2022 AWS AI & ML Winter Graduates will be welcome to apply to the tailored cohort.
When will the applications open/close?
- Applications opened on March 28, 2023, and will close on April 25, 2023.
How will I know if I am accepted for the scholarship?
- We will contact you via email on or before May 5, 2023. So, please make sure to check your e-mail frequently. Please use one email for everything during the program, and make sure to check your spam folder to see if you received emails from our side.
Can I join two Nanodegree Programs at the same time?
- Unfortunately, this is not possible as you will only be accepted in one Nanodegree program only at a time. We recommend that you apply for the Nanodegree program you are most interested in and after you graduate you can apply to other Nanodegree programs in the future cohorts if the program is still available.
Can I cancel an application I submitted?
- A fully submitted application cannot be deleted. Please ensure you are submitting accurate and correct information, and that you are committed to the program timelines before submitting your application.
Is this program online, in-person, or a combination of both?
- This is a fully online program with live virtual connect sessions. Throughout the cohort, students get to learn through online videos in their classroom and interact with peers, coaches, and instructors on their community platform and in their weekly Connect Sessions.
Can I change the email address that I have used to sign-up?
- You should maintain the same email address you used to apply for the Program for the duration of your entire course in order to maintain eligibility for this Nanodegree program.
Can I withdraw/postpone studying after I am enrolled?
- There are no withdrawal or postponing options available in the program. You should only join this program if you are committed to learning and graduating within the defined timeline of the program.