See below for FAQs for the Swift Tech Scholarship Program
What is the Swift Udacity Scholarship Program?
- Swift and Udacity are partnering to offer 140 fully-funded nanodegrees to train learners in the latest tech skills, specifically in Go To Market/Product Management and DevOps Intermediate with Java and DevOps Foundation.
- In return, successful graduates will be eligible to apply for relevant job roles at Swift.
What does this program entail?
- This program is free of charge and available to all eligible learners who successfully pass the application and technical assessment on our website. The program consists of a 4- 5 months, self-guided learning journey with a cohort of students who can provide support to one another along the way. Students have the option to select their desired nanodegree program from the following selection: Go To Market/Product Management and DevOps Intermediate with Java and DevOps Foundation. Applicants for the DevOps tracks will have to undergo a technical assessment to ensure they meet the technical pre-requirements to successfully complete the course. However, the technical assessments will be tailored to the level of the relevant Nanodegree.
How can I benefit from this program?
- Students will have the opportunity to work on real-world projects designed by industry experts to build their portfolio of skills to prepare them for a tech-focused career in the future.
What does the learner journey look like as part of this program?
- As a student in the Swift Udacity Scholarship Program, your learning journey will be 4 -5 months and is self-guided. You would dedicate an average of 10 hours of learning per week, and you can learn on your own time - whenever works best for your schedule. You will still need to virtually attend live cohort sessions at specific timings to support your learning journey, and these will be communicated in advance so you can plan ahead. Throughout the scholarship program, you will have access to an online community platform, where you will engage with other students and mentors for support to help you through any learning difficulties or even to network!
What are the eligibility criteria to enroll?
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Submit the online application form here
- Hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree
- Our policy is that everyone at Swift works in the office 2 days a week. The offices that you are most likely to be working in are in
- Manassas, Tysons Corner & Culpeper (USA), London (UK), Leiden area (NL) and Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia). Hence candidates should reside in the prior stated areas for their applications to be considered or able to relocate within a commutable distance from these locations.
- Be eligible to work in The USA, UK, Netherlands, or Malaysia, depending on the track. The program does not offer any sponsorship for work permits
Are there any fees for enrollment?
- No, this is a free scholarship
What is the duration program?
- The program is designed to run from March 2023 until August 2023. However, it is important to note that the program is self-paced and you can finish it in less than the designed duration if you are willing and able to do so.
What are the prerequisites for enrollment?
- The technical prerequisites for each Nanodegree track are below. In addition to the technical prerequisites, you will need access to a computer and a reliable internet connection.
- DevOps Intermediate with Java
- Candidates should have existing knowledge in Web Development with Python, SQL, HTML, Command Line
- Go To Market/Product Management
- No previous knowledge required.
- DevOps Foundation
- No previous knowledge required.
How do I apply for the program?
- You can know more details and apply here
When will the applications open/close?
- Applications opened on January 23, 2023 and will close on March 06, 2023.
How will I know if I am accepted for the scholarship?
- We will contact you via email on or before March 20, 2023. So, please make sure to check your e-mail frequently. Please use one email for everything during the program, and make sure to check your spam folder to see if you received emails from our side.
Can I join two Nanodegree Programs at the same time?
- Unfortunately, this is not possible as you will only be accepted in one Nanodegree program only at a time. We recommend that you apply for the Nanodegree program you are most interested in.
Can I cancel an application I submitted?
- A fully submitted application cannot be deleted. Please ensure you are submitting accurate and correct information, and that you are committed to the program timelines before submitting your application.
Is this program online, in-person, or a combination of both?
- This is a fully online program with live virtual connect sessions. Throughout the cohort, students get to learn through online videos in their classroom and interact with peers, coaches, and instructors on their community platform and in their weekly Connect Sessions.
Does Udacity provide any career support within this program?
- Yes, Udacity provides Career Support for all the program students through :
- Career Projects (in the classroom) that allow you to get a detailed review on your digital profiles - Linkedin, Resume, GitHub, and Cover Letter - from an industry professional to ensure your digital profiles effectively convey your abilities and get attention from employers.
- Live Webinars delivered by expert Career Coaches, and aim to teach you how to craft your elevator pitch and polish your digital profiles, you will also get invited to attend webinars delivered in collaboration with Swift that aim to provide you with insights about Swift, interview process, and stages to help you successfully land your desired job at Swift.
- Mentorship & Coaching that provides you with support from your Career Coaches when you attend the live career coaching Sessions - you can access the schedule of those sessions from your weekly schedule.
- Dedicated Career Community Channel on Slack which enables you to engage with your peers and Career Coaches during the program on Udacity’s Community Platform to ask your career-related questions, share your experience, knowledge, and support one another - you can access the schedule of slack office hours from your google sites.
If I am having a problem with my career projects, what can I do?
For career projects and any career-related questions, you can always reach out to your Career Coach on Slack through your specialization Career channel. Also, you can attend the live career coaching sessions and get live support from your coach.
How do project reviews work in the Nanodegree Program?
Every time you submit a project, you will receive in-depth, personalized feedback on your project submission from one of our expert project reviewers. They will not only tell you what you got right and wrong, but they will also provide guidance on what you should try next, and give suggestions on how you can go even further with your project. Once your review is ready, you will get an email to notify you and you will be able to view it.
How do I locate the date and time of my weekly career coaching session?
- Go to your weekly schedule and find the column that includes all the info about your career coaching sessions.
Will you provide us with any kind of career support?
- All learners will have access to Udacity's Careers offerings, including projects, career webinars, live coaching sessions and a dedicated Career Coach. The career support aims to prepare learners to best prepare for applying to and hopefully interviewing with Swift for their open job roles.
Can I change the email address that I have used to sign-up?
- You should maintain the same email address you used to apply for the Program for the duration of your entire course in order to maintain eligibility for this Nanodegree program.
Can I withdraw/postpone studying after I am enrolled?
- There are no withdrawal or postponing options available in the program. You should only join this program if you are committed to learning and graduating within the defined timeline of the program.