Depending on the Nanodegree program you're enrolled in, you can launch AWS directly from the classroom or you will need AWS credits to pass one or more projects. Recently, Amazon has changed its process in providing AWS credits and your Udacity projects now need to be completed on an AWS regular account which requires the usage of an AWS promo code as per below:
You will need only an AWS regular account if you're enrolled in the following Nanodegree programs:
- AWS Cloud Architect
- Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Data Engineer
- Deep Learning
- Full Stack Web Developer
For instructions on how to create this account, please refer to the instructions by clicking here.
Launching AWS from the classroom
Students who enroll on or after the effective date in the follow Nanodegree programs can launch AWS directly from the classroom and will not need an AWS regular account and credits:
- AWS Cloud Architect - effective February 18, 2021
- Cloud Developer - effective December 18, 2020
- Cloud DevOps Engineer - effective January 27, 2021
- Data Engineering Nanodegree - effective January 27, 2021
- Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegree - effective February 25, 2021
- Java Developer Nanodegree - effective February 25, 2021
- Machine Learning Engineer Nanodegree - effective October 14, 2020
- Deep Learning Nanodegree - effective April 20, 2021
- Data Architect - effective December 12, 2020
See the Launching AWS from the classroom for more information
Promo code for AWS credit
You will need a promo code from us so you can apply it to your account. To request a promo code, you can submit a support ticket here.
Choose the option 3rd Party access, Promo Codes & License Keys under Reason for Contact, and then choose AWS.
Also note, we only have the facility to provide you with one promo code per student per active Nanodegree program. Also note that AWS will ask you for a credit card, but you will not be charged unless you go over the credits we provide.