See below for frequently asked questions regarding Phase 1 of the AWS Machine Learning Engineer Scholarship Program.
What is the timeline of my track?
- Phase 1 of the program will be from June 21st to November 23rd.
How many hours a week should I expect to spend on my coursework in order to finish on time?
- Between instructional content, quizzes, external resources, active engagement on the community platform, and other course-related activities, we recommend that students spend 1-2 hours a day learning.
I feel lost after accessing my classroom, is there any guide to help me?
- Please watch this tutorial video that will help to get you familiar with your classroom.
If I need support with my content, who can I reach out to?
- We'll have a dedicated Discourse Student Community where you can ask questions, get answers, and find support from your peers, student advocates, and Udacity staff. Once you've joined this community, be sure to visit the Discourse channel specific to your field of study to find resources that will help you complete your Challenge course material and prepare for the Assessment.
What do you mean by the "Discourse Student Community?"
- Once you are enrolled in the program, you will be given access to the Discourse Student Community we've created specifically for this program phase. This community will enable you to connect with your classmates in real-time; all Udacity students regularly use this community to support each other's work, answer each other's questions, and share relevant ideas and resources. Virtually all of our learners highlight this community aspect as one of the most important parts of their Scholarship experience.
What is the "Certification Assessment"?
- The Certification Assessment is an assessment that you must pass in order to complete Phase 1 along with classroom concept completion.
When will the certification assessment be available?
- The Certification Assessment will be available immediately in your classroom once you enroll. You will have until May 17th to attempt the assessment and earn the certificate. After May 17th, you will no longer be able to take the Certification Assessment to earn the certificate.
Can I take the certification assessment more than once?
- Yes, you can take the Certification Assessment more than once as long as you are attempting it before the end of phase 1, May 17th 11:59 EST.
Are there any instructions that can assist me in passing the certification assessment?
- We recommend going through the content diligently and as per the timeline; with this, you will be able to learn all the required Track Fundamentals to pass the Certification Assessment
Will I have access to the material of my track after I finish it successfully?
- Yes, you will have indefinite static access to the content after successfully completing your track.
Will I get a certificate if I successfully complete my track?
- Yes. You will receive a Certificate of Completion once you have passed the Certification Assessment at the conclusion of the course. You will also be provided detailed instructions on how to issue your certificate from inside your Classroom.
How to be eligible for the certificate?
- To receive the certificate, you must successfully complete your track (finish the content and pass the certification assessment) within the timeframe allotted.
Are there any required documents to receive my certificate of completion?
- There are no documents required. Once you are eligible for the certificate after passing the certification assessment, you will be able to issue your certificate.
How will my name be written on the certificate?
- Certificates will be issued based on the name provided in your classroom. You can edit your name from inside your Classroom settings BEFORE graduation but not after. Please make sure that the first name and last name displayed in your Classroom settings appear in the way you would like them displayed on your certificate. The name displayed on your certificate name cannot be changed after graduation.
Can I get a hard copy of my certificate?
- Udacity only provides graduates with a digital copy of the certificate. However, you can always download and print your certificate, if you wish!
Will the certificates be accredited? and will it have a unique code or serial number?
- Udacity is a private online education provider that is industry-recognized rather than accredited by an official institution. However, phase 1 "Challenge" certificate will be signed by our founder Sebastian Thrun and will contain a unique code that can be later verified for every individual.