See below for frequently asked questions regarding the Challenge Course for the Next Generation Tech Booster Scholarship Program.
What is the duration of the Challenge phase?
- Phase 1 of the program will be from December 15, 2022 to February 13, 2023. This means that enrolled students will have access for this entire period. At the beginning of the program, there will be a “Challenge Kick-Off Orientation” where Udacity and Bertelsmann will welcome you and share details about the program.
I feel lost after accessing my classroom, is there any guide to help me?
- Please watch this tutorial video that will help to get you familiar with your classroom.
If I need support with my content, who can I reach out to?
- We'll have a dedicated Slack Student Community where you can ask questions, get answers, and find support from your peers, student advocates, and Udacity staff. Once you've joined this community, be sure to visit the Slack channel specific to your field of study to find resources that will help you complete your Challenge course material and prepare for the Final Assessment.
What do you mean by the "Slack Student Community?"
- Once you are enrolled in the program, you will be given access to the Slack Student Community we've created specifically for this program phase. This community will enable you to connect with your classmates in real-time; all Udacity students regularly use this community to support each other's work, answer each other's questions, and share relevant ideas and resources. Virtually all of our learners highlight this community aspect as one of the most important parts of their Scholarship experience.
How can I use Slack to be able to post my technical questions?
- After being enrolled in Phase 1, you will receive an invitation email to your Slack Community. Also, you will find your Slack invitation in the Welcome module inside your classroom. You can watch this tutorial video to learn how to use Slack. Also, don’t forget to download the app on your mobile phone to stay updated! It is available on both the App Store and Google Play!
How do I maintain my seat in this Challenge phase?
- Make sure to work through the Challenge phase once the program starts. If you do not start working through the material within the first 3 weeks of your program, you risk being "Revoked", or removed, from the program.