Microsoft Azure credits are only available to students who are registered in the DevOps with Microsoft Azure and Data Engineering with Microsoft Azure Nanodegree programs. To receive Microsoft Azure credits, you will need to set up an Azure account. When you set up a new account, you can get access to some services for free, along with a $200 credit that can be used for the first 30 days.
Steps to set up your Azure account
Go to the Azure home page.
- Click on the "Start Free" Button.
- You can use your existing "GitHub" or "Outlook" account—or click on "Create One".
Finish your registration. Note that you will need to enter your Credit Card information.
Upgrading Your Azure Account After 30 Days
You have up to 30 days to use up the $200 credit, after which you must upgrade your Azure account to gain access to additional services for a year. Please upgrade your Azure account in order to complete this program without incurring costs.
When you upgrade your Azure account, you are really upgrading a Subscription. Subscriptions are tied to payment details and are the resource in the Azure Portal you attach to payment information and Resource Groups. You can find more details about Subscriptions in the Azure Applications Course.
How To Upgrade Your Azure Account:
- Log in to the Azure Portal with the account you wish to upgrade. Choose to upgrade your account directly from the top bar of the Azure portal, or by searching for subscriptions, selecting the subscription, and choosing “Upgrade Subscription” at the top of the Subscription screen.
In the Upgrade screen, scroll down and choose the “Basic - Included (free)” support plan. If you do not see the Basic choice, make sure you scroll down to find it on this screen and select it.
Click on the Upgrade button
- Re-enter your credit card information and follow the phone verification if prompted.
- You should get an email confirming the account upgrade
After your account is upgraded you will have access to these Azure resources and limits for one year. PLEASE REVIEW THIS LIST CAREFULLY to see what services are free and for what time period. Happy cloud computing!