As a learner, you are provided with a limited budget and therefore it is important to monitor your consumption and usage so as to not exceed the budget that has been assigned to you in the classroom.
See below for a video on viewing and monitoring your AWS Charges:
To monitor your AWS Usage, please follow the below steps:
- Click on the Open Cloud Gateway at the top left-hand side of your classroom and then once the console loads, please click on Open Cloud Console:
- After clicking on Open Cloud Console, you will be redirected to a Federated AWS Account where you would be required to click on All Services and then AWS Cost Explorer
- After clicking on AWS Cost Explorer, you will be redirected to a new page where the current month's costs would be displayed:
- Click Cost Explorer on the left-hand side to choose the date range,
- Once you select the relevant dates, you will also have the option to select the costs (monthly or daily). You can then group by usage type, service, region, instance type, etc to further understand your usage details.
- You can also access your bill which will include the detailed usage by clicking on the Budgets option on the left-hand side of your screen:
- Once you click on the Budgets option, please select Bills on the left-hand side:
- After clicking on Bills, you can then select the relevant month for which you want to view the AWS billing details: